We are looking for a technical and customer-oriented professional to join our team in San Jose. This role is a hybrid between the typical standard Sales Engineer/Consultant and a Customer Success role on a mission to turn happy developers into satisfied customers.
In this position, you'll use your technical knowledge along with your exceptional sales skills to introduce Vaadin products and solutions to our customers. You will assist potential customers and partners to understand the benefits of the Vaadin platform, explaining technical features and helping the customer understand how our product may solve their problems. You’ll work hand in hand with the Sales team and get to be a part of an international company working on the newest web technologies. We believe in and live Open Source and have successfully built our business model and growth around it.
Take a look at our company history, mission and values here: https://vaadin.com/company and come and join our “Fighting for simplicity” movement at the reindeer company!
To succeed in this position, we expect you to have
- Experience working directly with customers in a Solution-Consultative oriented way. Prior experience working as a Sales Engineer is preferred but not mandatory.
- Top notch communication and customer service skills
- Passion for helping fellow developers and a good understanding of the Java and Web ecosystems.
- Comfort in having technical conversations. You have a good understanding of the software development process and you are interested in web technology. Technical skills in Java and experience with building web apps on a Java stack is a big plus.
- Interest in learning and staying on top of new technologies
- Willingness to travel from time to time (how much depends on you, trips are always agreed upon commonly by all parties)
- Authorization to work in the US
- Prefered onsite position at our San Jose office, however, remote candidates could be considered
- A chance to be a part of a fast growing international software company with a community of over 150.000 software developers
- A chance to be a part of the Vaadin team and work with cutting edge technologies and tools
- Excellent opportunities for career development in a growing and prosperous organization
- A creative and friendly work environment with minimal bureaucracy
- Possibility of using 10% of your work on your own projects that help moving Vaadin technology or community forwards
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- Relocation assistance
Candidates will be contacted as they apply, and the position will be fulfilled as soon as a suitable candidate is found.
For questions or more info don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected].